How to Save Money on a Luxury Vacation
Who would not want to take a luxurious vacation with a stay in a divine hotel where every need is anticipated and comfort and beauty abound in every detail. Four and five star hotels offer luxury and comfort to an extent that many people can only imagine, let alone will ever experience. And while there is no way to make a luxury vacation truly wallet friendly, there are a few tips and tricks to make a luxury vacation much more affordable. Listed below are a few money-saving tips to keep in mind when planning your next (or first) luxury vacation.
- When picking your destination, be sure to choose a place where the exchange rate is still favorable to the U.S. dollar. Places such as Mexico, the Caribbean, parts of Asia and even South Africa are good examples of places where a buck is still worth a buck (and sometimes more).
- Try visiting newly opened properties. Newly opened properties usually offer special promotions to attract visitors and start the buzz about their hotel or resort.
- Keep your eyes open for sales. Some hotels and resorts offer deals such as “buy one, get one free,” added value bonuses for booking (such as a free massage), discounts for booking your vacation early or especially for booking a stay during off-season.
- Visit up and coming destinations. Southeast Asia is becoming a popular destination for luxury vacations at great prices. Thailand is becoming especially popular among business people and luxury travelers as it offers amazing accommodations in beautiful settings with routinely outstanding service.
- Stay at a luxury vacation rental or villa with a group of friends. Many locations offer lovely multiple room properties and splitting the price among you and your group is a great way to save money per person for your stay.