Save Money on your next Weekend Getaway
Most people just do not have time to spare to take a long trip, so short, weekend trips are constantly growing in popularity. Making time to discover a new place, even if just during a weekend, is a great way to add a little excitement to your life without subtracting too much time or money. Below are a few tips to keep in mind to help you plan a great trip while still staying within your budget,.
- You can save money by not traveling on popular travel days (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays). Starting your trip on a Thursday is often a great way to save money on plane tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars and vacation packages.
- Avoid traveling during holidays. Prices are often raised during these heavy travel times while hotels and flights frequently book early and sell out quickly.
- Consider making your reservations at the last minute. Many hotels and airlines offer great discounts to fill up their empty spots at the last minute.
- Do not spend too much money on activities. It is possible to have fun on a budget by filling your time visiting national or state parks, state fairs, window shopping, hiking or camping. And don’t forget to take plenty of time to relax (after all, it is free!). You do not want to come back from your trip more exhausted than when you left.
- Go somewhere within driving distance. This is a great way to save money by eliminating expensive airfare and car rental expenses.
- Travel during your destination’s off season. Many destinations still offer great activities during their off seasons, good examples are the Caribbean and ski resorts, which still offer many fun activities during the summer (their traditional off season).